Make all out preparations for the success of the Mass Dharna on 11.05.2016 at BSNLCO, Circle /SSA HQs. Early resolution of the issues fully depends upon the success of the TU programmes. All important issues like promotions, pay scales, CPSU Hierarchy and 1st TBP, pay protection, memebership verification, notion pay etc etc are pending for years together. CSs, SSA Secreatries and CHQ/Circle office bearers to tour the Circle and conduct meetings at all important locations. Door to door campaign may be conducted in the coming days to ensure that all the Executives are participating in the Dharna.
Charter of demands:
1. Implementation of Joint Committee recommendations on:
a) Standard pay scales of E2, E3 replacing E1A and E2A,
b) Time Bound Functional promotion or CPSU cadre hierarchy,
c) Uniform TBP between 4 to 5 years instead of 4 to 6 years w.e.f
2. 30% Superannuation benefit to BSNL recruited Employees.
3. Officiating pay fixation, pay protection – withdrawal of wrong clarifications issued on 30.05.2007 and 19.02.2010.
4. Promotions in different wings from JTO to SDE, JAO to AO, SDE to DE/EE, AAO to CAO and DE to DGM.
5. Membership verification among Executives Associations by addressing the issues raised. Restoration of trade union facilities and deduction of subscription from Salary till membership verification is conducted.
6. First Time Bound Promotion after 4 years from Lateral JTO and Sr SDE grades as done in the case of AAO and Sr AO grades.
7. Notional pay of E1A and E2A for Civil/Elect wings w.e.f 01.10.2000.
Programme of Trade Union actions:
Massive Dharna at BSNLCO, Circle/SSA HQs: 11th May, 2016
Relay Hunger Strike at BSNLCO, Circle/SSA HQs: 18th, 19th and 20th May, 2016.
If the issues are not resolved, more vigorous trade union actions will be resorted to from June, 2016.
View Corporate Office Orders:
SDE Inter circle Transfer - Retention order.
SDE Inter circle Transfer - Cancellation order.
SDE Inter circle Transfer - Modification order .
SDE Inter circle Transfer - Retention order.
What compelled us to go for direct actions in a short notice:
The meeting with DIR(HR) on 26.04.2016 on implementation of Joint Committee recommendations on E2, E3 pay scale was fruitful as management as well as all the three Associations shown keenness to settle the issues strictly as per the recommendations of the Joint Committee. Management continue to maintain its firm stand that there is no question of cascading effect from E3 to E4 (Sr SDE to E4), E4 to E5 etc as all those pay scales are standard pay scales already approved by DoT and there is no justification for changing them. Right from the beginning, at the time of constitution of the Joint Committee in 2012 itself, management made it clear that it will consider only change in the non standard pay scales of E1A to E2 and E2A to E3 without any change in the other pay scales and made the terms of reference of the committee strictly to that extent. So Joint Committee also restricted its recommendation from E1A to E2 and E2A to E3. Chairman of the committee made it very clear in the deliberations also and recorded in the minutes of the last meeting on 09.07.2015, that SDE and Sr SDE will remain in the same pay scale of E3. Further, to ensure pay fixation benefit of one increment on promotion from SDE to Sr SDE equivalent grade in the same scale of E3, the Jt Committee recommended (2ndpart of 1st recommendation) to make necessary changes in the EPP.
So anybody, now raising the demand of E3 to E4, E4 to E5 etc, after becoming party to the Joint Committee recommendations is really trying to derail the settlement or delay it till 3rd PRC so that the demand will be buried once for all. They have to understand that they are not working in the interest of the cadre rather they are indirectly supporting the management stand to demote the JTO/JAO, SDE/AO cadres to E1 and E2 scales. Their stand suits the management also as mgt have tried their level best to finalise the pay scales in the form of E1+5 and E2 scales. They are playing with the future of the cadre and the JTO/JAOs recruited/Promoted after 01.01.2007, i.e. in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015 and future recruits.
The real issue which SNEA is agitating for years together is the finalization of standard pay scales for the JTO/JAOs recruited/Promoted after 01.01.2007, in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015 etc. Vast majority of them are members of SNEA, having full faith that this Assn alone can resolve their issues and do justice to the cadre by uplifting the cadre as being done in 1986, 1990, 1996, 2000, 2007, 2009 etc.
The other two recommendations, CPSU cadre Hierarchy and 1st TBP are based on the implementation of E2, E3 scales. So delay in implementation of E2, E3 scales naturally delays the implementation of the other two recommendations and that is precisely happening now. Somebody advocating to abolish Sr SDE equivalent grade means, they are derailing the 2nd & 3rd recommendations also, i.e implementation of CPSU cadre Hierarchy and uniform 1st TBP.
They are indirectly demanding to abolish Sr SDE grade from 01.01.2007 which is opposed by all as it will have serious implications like:
1. All the executives will lose one promotion and the no of promotions will be reduced to four instead of five. Is it an achievement to reduce the number of promotions? Only SNEA struggled in 2002 to get five assured promotions and made it part of the terms and conditions of absorption and EPP.
2. Thousands of seniors in E4 scale from 01.10.2009 (more than 7500) got DE/CAO promotions between 01.10.2009 and 01.10.2014 and they will lose one additional increment got on promotion in the same E4 scale as all of them will be shifted to E5 scale on 01.10.2009 itself.
3. As all of them will reach E6 scale on 01.10.2014 itself instead of 01.10.2019 as per their new demand, they will lose another increment due on promotion to E6 scale on 01.10.2019 as per the existing policy. So all of them will lose two increments in their career! Is it our friends want to implement? Seniors as well as Juniors will lose one promotion and minimum one fixation benefit! Whether our friends are aware of this fact that all the Executives are losing two fixations when they are making a demand to abolish Sr SDE grade?
4. Otherwise juniors (JTOs on 01.10.2000) become SDEs in 2004 will reach E4 scale in 2008 and all the seniors (SDE/AOs on 01.10.2000) will reach E4 scale on 01.10.2009!
5. These are some of the examples. So many similar anomalies, batch wise and cadre wise will be cropped up which will be known afterwards.
When management shown its readiness to implement Joint Committee recommendations on E2, E3 pay scales in the combined meeting on 26.04.16 and also assured us in the meeting on 21.04.16 to increase the 30% superannuation benefit from 3% after working out the actual medical expenditure, conduction of membership verification, settlement of offtg pay protection issue, re-examining the notional pay scales for Civil/Elect etc, the sudden development on 27.04.2016 raises serious doubts about their intensions whether they want to derail the issues once again as happened earlier. The pay scale issue was delaying mainly due to the confusion and contradicting stands taken by some sections for the last four months since December. Similarly other two recommendations of the Joint Committee also delayed only because of the same reason.
Our serious doubt is that they are deliberately trying to delay the settlement of pay scales, CPSU Hierarchy, 30% superannuation etc in order to cover up the demand on MT rect by making them repeatedly an agenda, every time, whenever there is a movement on MT Rect.
This time we cannot take any risk, no more delay tactics as 3rd PRC is fast approaching, no promotions in any cadre due to litigations and CPSU Hierarchy implementation is the only solution. So the only option left for us, is to start organizational actions to defeat this sinister move of some sections, may be in tacit understanding with the management.
So in the coming days truth will come out, who is playing, some section of the Executives with vested interest or the management? If the management is sincere in its approach, they will come out quickly with the resolution of the issues as repeatedly assuring to us and avoid industrial unrest and our agitation will strengthen their hands. In that case the game plan of others will be exposed in front of all the Executives. If management is really playing with the help of some vested interest, then this is high time for all of us to go all out on agitation and settle all the issues and teach a lesson to all those working against the larger cadre interest.