Click here to view Letter Click here to view List
Condolence meeting was held on 2.2.16 at Patna.Com.Madhusudan Mahto Ex Vice-President CHQ,Com.D.K.Verma Ex-Joint Secrotary(East) CHQ,Com.Shamshad Ali Ex-Circle President BH,Com.Keshav Singh CS BSNL/DOT Retired Employees Association, Com.Ranjan Kumar/CP,Com.Ratish Kumar/CS & all office bearers and large number of comrades of Patna & BH Circle attended the meeting.
DE to DGM(Adhoc) Promotions: Since DIR(HR) and CMD was busy in a meeting in DoT till late evening, the file for DGM(Adhoc) promotion for 217 DEs could not be cleared. Promotion orders are expected on Monday morning.
Payment of pending CHQ quota, Building and Legal Fund:
All CSs / CTs and SSA/Branch secretaries are requested to clear the pending CHQ quota (up to Jan-2016), Pending Building and Legal fund immediately, before the CWC meeting at Kolkata. It can be directly deposited into the CHQ account (SBI, Purasawalkam, Chennai, SB Account Name - SNEA(I)/CHQ, SB Account no.: 10332931596, IFSC Code: SBIN0001515). Payment details shall be sent by email (email@example.com) or through SMS (9486102600) to CHQ Treasurer. Quota payment details / Pending Building Fund and Legal Fund details as on 04-02-2016 sent by e-mail to all CSs and CTs.
GS writes to DIR(HR) ---Sympathetic consideration of Rule-8 cases of JTOs when Officiating JTOs are regularizedLetter to DIR(HR)
View Corporate Office Orders:
LICE for promotion to JTO Cadre - Model Notification.
SDE TF Inter circle transfer order .
Service With A Smile (SWAS):
Congratulations: BSNL added 2 million connections in January, an increase of 2.5 lakhs comparing to December. Bihar, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, UP(East), UP(West), Madhya Pradesh, Assam and Himachal Pradesh etc picked up with BR on the top with 211% increase. In MNP, Port-in is 2.76 lakhs and Port-out is 1.78 lakhs, a net addition of 0.98 lakhs.
Status of court cases at Hon CAT Chandigarh: The court cases on JTO to SDE (Sen and LDCE), JAO to CAO, SDE to DE and AO to CAO listed for hearing today. The case is posted for hearing on 23.02.2016 as the applicants advocate sought one week time for arguments. Some AOs also impleaded in the case.
Sri Manish Kumar, Jt GM(Pers) was deputed by BSNL Mgt to Chandigargh for two days for effective coordination.
Condolence meeting to pay homage to veteran leader and Ex General Secretary/President, Com W. Seshagiri Rao.
A condolence meeting was arranged at New Delhi on 03.02.2016 by BSNLCO and NTR. GS, President, Com V. K. Thomar, GS/MTNLEA, Jt Secretary, CP/NTR and large number of comrades from Delhi attended the meeting.
GS writes to DIR(CFA) -- NGN roll out –planning for reduction of cable network by installing small capacity LMGs of 64 port, 128 port, 256 port, 512 port etc instead of high capacity switches alone in the proposed new NGN tender:
· LMGs may be proposed in all pillar areas, to the extent possible to eliminate primary cables. For this, low capacity LMGs of 64/128/256 port may be installed at GSM BTS locations, BSNL buildings like Quarters, enroute and wherever feasible and possible. Most of the BTSs are already connected with OF cables.
· DLCs may be replaced by LMGs of small capacity.
· New flats, settlements etc can be served by installing LMGs of small capacity.GS letter to DIR(CFA)
Meeting with Sri Anupam Shrivastava, CMD/BSNL:
GS, CHQ President and Jt Sec met CMD on 02.02.2016 and discussed the following issues: At the outset GS told CMD that the executives are having huge expectation from the management, especially from the CMD and DIR(HR) to settle their genuine HR issues. The initiatives on HR issues generated tremendous confidence among the Executives and it started producing results in terms of growth. However last few months, things are started moving in the reverse direction. 2015 is one year where there were no DPC or promotion orders for the Engg side, after 2006. Court cases are filed when things are not settling normally. So intervention and constant monitoring at the highest level of CMD and DIR(HR) is required.
Thereafter the following issues discussed:
1. Implementation of Joint Committee recommendations on
a) Standard pay scales of E2, E3 etc, b) CPSU Cadre Hierarchy replacing EPP and c) First TBP uniformly after 5 years.
Assn explained to CMD that the very purpose of fast tracking the Jt Committee recommendations are defeated by the fact that no action is taken on the recommendations of the Committee even after 4 months. The executives were enthusaitic once the committee reconstitution taken place and on the recommendations because they got an impression that now management is sincerely trying to resolve their issues.
2. Promotions in various cadres:
Promotions are held up due to court cases. Sincere and proactive approach is required to resolve the court cases. Cases are filed mainly due to delay in promotions. For example, JTO to SDE promotion case, 5 months have passed, BSNL didn’t filed the reply in the Hon Ernakulam HC.
3. Officiating pay fixation – reduction in pay and recovery of pay. After hearing the issue briefly, CMD himself agreed that officiating promotion is a post based promotion.
4. Superannuation benefit to BSNL recruited employees: An issue related with the social security of the BSNL rects is still unaddressed.
5. TBP promotion after 4 years from Lateral JTO and Sr SDE as given in the case of AAO and Sr AO -- EPP has implemented with an intention to have uniform promotion policy for all the Executives in different wings without any discrimination. The demand for upgradation to next IDA scale after 4 years for Lateral JTO, AAO, Sr SDE and Sr AO was denied on the plea that they are all upgradations. Only for post based promotions following the Hierarchy defined in the EPP order, next IDA upgradation is eligible.
6. Membership verification --- restoration of trade union facilities, deduction of subscription from salary etc.
7. Notional pay scale of E1A and E2A for Civil/Elect etc wing w.e.f 01.10.2000
After discussion, CMD informed he will direct DIR(HR) to have detailed discussion after her return and issues which are not getting settled will be discussed with him again.
GS writes to DIR(HR): Pay fixation on officiating promotion and protection of pay when officiating promotion is followed by regular promotion – Clarifications against the provisions of EPP approved by BSNL Board and DoT and the provisions of FR SR, creating widespread resentment among the 15,000 affected Executives sending signals of demotivation and large scale industrial unrest --- requested to withdraw the unwise, uncalled for and illegal clarifications urgently.GS letter to DIR(HR)
With untold grief we mourn the sad, sudden and untimely demise
of our veteran leader Com W. Seshagiri Rao due to cardiac arrest at around 01.00 am.
The hero of many historic battles to win the pride and prestige of the Executive community, his stellar role in building up the SNEA will remain with us forever. The likes of him have seldom walked the earth. Com W Seshagiri Rao cannot die, but will live on and on. We pray to the almighty to receive him into the ranks of the best and the blessed. Our deepest condolence to his respected wife, children, grand children and family members. May God sustain them to overcome the irreparable grief and loss.