Make all out preparations for the success of the Mass Dharna on 11.05.2016 at BSNLCO, Circle /SSA HQs. Resolution of the issues fully depends upon the success of the TU programmes. All important issues like promotions, pay scales, CPSU Hierarchy and 1st TBP, pay protection, memebership verification, notion pay etc etc are pending for years together. All the Executives are requested to participate in the Dharna and make it 100% success.
NCOA decided to launch series of trade union actions demaning constitution of 3rd PRC. Details will be uploaded later.
CPSU cadre Hierarchy is the only viable alternative:
Our agitation should force management to fast track its implementation as happened in 2015 in Joint Committee formation
All the promotions from JTO to SDE, JAO to AO, SDE to DE, AO to CAO etc are held up due to litigations. Since Nagaraju judgment of the Hon SC on reservation is still in force and even the previous Govt could not amend the constitution to nullify the judgment, there is remote possibility to get a favourable judgment from the lower courts. Hon SC reiterated the same judgment several times later on.
If we are not working out alternate solutions, our future will be in dark. On this contest only we are looking towards CPSU Cadre Hierarchy. Since residency period for JTO to SDE promotion and 1st TBP is worked out by the Joint Committee on the basis of E2, E3 pay scales, finalization of E2, E3 pay scales only will drive attention towards CPSU Hierarchy. So delay in implementation of pay scales naturally delays CPSU Hierarchy as well as 1st TBP, which is the demand of SNEA alone.
On CPSU Hierarchy, Jt Committee recommended promotion from JTO to SDE in 5 years, SDE to Sr SDE in 5 yesrs (total 10 years from JTO), Sr SDE to DE in 5 years(total 15 years from JTO), thus assuring three functional promotions from JTO to SDE to Sr SDE to DE equivalent grades in 15 years. As on today, a direct rect JTO after 30 to 35 years of service is waiting for the promotion as DE. So bringing the time period from 30 years to 15 years for DE promotion will be a great step in the given situation. Promotions beyond DE, ie to DGM will be on post based. But Jt Committee recommended to continue with two more financial upgradations from DE to DGM to SGDGM scales.
CPSU cadre hierarchy should address the seniority related issues between direct rects and promotes, seniority and LDCE promotions etc as the promotions will be based on rect year or vacancy year basis as done in the case of JTO to SDE promotion. Seniority and vacancy will have relevance only for DGM promotions.
During implementation, SNEA is struggling to see that the Executives in higher grade is getting promotion directly, atleast to the next grade, simply by taking VC without waiting for conduction of one more DPC. This will give immediate relief to thousands of Executives waiting for promotion for years together.Joint Committee Recommendations on CPSU Cadre Hierarchy and 1st TBP
SNEA had the history of struggling for the genuine demands with conviction and commitment till we achieve the demands. We never failed in that respect. We remind those friends having doubt that:
Those advocated to get absorbed in BSNL as bonded labourers for Rs 2000/- in 2002 without knowing terms and condition for absorption and who could not settle a single issue since formation had no right to advocate what trade union or agitation is.
1. The only Assn in BSNL struggled in 2002 for terms and condition for absorption is SNEA. We fought successfully till end and settled the terms and conditions of absorption like pay scales (all got more than 5000 rupees hike in place of Rs 2000 offered), point to point fixation and five Time Bound promotions upto SGJAG(E6 scale) which we all are enjoying now. On that platform and foundation laid by SNEA in 2002, now we are trying to implement CPSU Cadre Hierarchy.
2. SNEA alone struggled to get the EPF contribution @12% of the actual emoluments without ceiling instead of a fixed amount of 12% of Rs 6500/-(with the ceiling). Orders issued in Aug 2005 with retrospective effect from 01.10.2000.
3. SNEA and AIBSNLEA together struggled for implementation of EPP as per terms and conditions of absorption and orders issued in 2007.
4. SNEA alone struggled in Dec, 2006 for 50% IDA merger, gone for two days strike and got 50% IDA merger.
5. SNEA, AIBSNLEA and AIGETOA together struggled for BSNLMS RR and orders issued in 2009 eventhough AIGETOA given dissent note.
6. SNEA, AIBSNLEA and AIGETOA struggled together in 2012 and Joint committee formed.
7. Singular efforts of SNEA in 2013 increased the DE Regular quota from 50% to 75% and ended Adhocism in DE promotions.
8. SNEA alone struggled in 2014 when BSNL tried to demote the JTO cadre to E1. The pay scale issue referred to DoT again and then to DPE. SNEA efforts in DoT and DPE ensured that DoT and DPE rejecting the non standard pay scales of E1A and E2A, setting stage for the settlement of our demand for standard pay scales of E2, E3.
9. Again in 2015 our struggle alone resulted in the reconstitution of the Joint Committee and fast tracking it. Our serious persuasion with the management as well as the in the Joint Committee resulted in very positive recommendations from the committee which we could not achieve since 2012.
These are some of the milestones in HR front. Can others mention a single struggle or achievement other than this during the last 15 years?
Our friends conveniently quoting part of the provisions of EPP which suits them by concealing the fact that the provision of EPP “first time bound financial up gradation during 4-6 years and subsequent time bound financial upgradations after every 5 years only” provides upgradations from E1A to E2A to E3 to E4 to E5 to E6 scales with five upgradations.
Our minimum demand is that
1. JTO/JAO and SDE/AO cadres should not be demoted to E1 and E2 scales. E2, E3 scales should be implemented for JTO/JAOs and SDE/AOs w.e.f 01.01.2007.
2. The five promotions already have from JTO/JAO upto SGJAG should not be disturbed.
In the Joint Committee meetings, management very clearly told and recorded that the cascading factor will not be considered and made recommendations restricted to replacement of non standard pay scales of E1A to E2 and E2A to E3 as per the terms of reference and further told that SDE and Sr SDE will remain in the same pay scale of E3. Further to protect the 5 promotions already given from 01.01.2007 and ensure pay fixation on promotion from SDE to Sr SDE grade in the same scale of E3, Jt Committee recommended suitable changes in the EPP also (2nd part of first recommendation). Further Jt Committee recommended promotion from JTO to SDE to Sr SDE to DE in 15 years in CPSU cadre Hierarchy. Then why all these dramas and crocodile tears on cascading effect now when management is implementing the recommendations as recommended by the Committee and they are signatory to the recommendations? Is it a delay tactics or want to derail it? Friends, you are playing with the future of the cadre and future of more than 10000 Executives recruited after 01.01.2007 who are eagerly waiting for the implementation of E2, E3 pay scales and CPSU Cadre Hierarchy.
BSNL management was not ready, even to discuss replacement of non standard pay scales of E1A and E2A by E2, E3 with cascading effect (E2 to E7) in the Joint Committee constituted in 2012(only one meeting on pay scales from 2012 to 2015) as all other pay scales are approved by DoT and implemented. So, in 2014 Jaipur CWC itself, SNEA decided to stop the demotion of the basic cadres of JTO/JAO and SDE/AO to E1 and E2 at any cost and restricted our demand to replacement of non standard pay scales of E1A and E2A with E2 and E3, without affecting the 5 promotions. If mgt is not agreeing for cascading, it has to be addressed later in 3rd PRC, it was suggested.
Raising the demand of cascading at this point of time when implementation of E2, E3 scale is under process will only further delay it or management may even keep it in cold storage once again as done till 2015. Further other two recommendations of the Committee on CPSU Hierarchy and 1st TBP also will go to cold storage.
If somebody now propagating promotion to DE in 10 years, why they recommended promotion to DE in 15 years in the Joint Committee recommendations? After thought or ignorance or simply confusing the Executives?
Similarly, if Sr SDE grade is to be abolished now, that also w.e.f 01.01.2007, then why they recommended promotion from JTO to SDE to Sr SDE to DE grade in 15 years in the Joint Committee recommendations? Again -----?
We are very serious on resolution of all the issues raised. It is not our culture that we will keep mum on important issues like 30% superannuation, pay scales, CPSU cadre hierarchy etc and will give notices only when MT issue comes, whether it is MT or MT(SRD) for few posts and get some assurance on that subject, leaving all other issues. MT(Intl) is the promotional avenue for the talented Executives to reach the top mgt positions and requirement of the company. Since abundant talent is available within the organization, there is no need for MT(Extl).
Once again we appeal to them, as a last opportunity that struggle for the cadre, instead of demanding something like moon, be realistic and try to address the basic issues which are to be resolved before constitution of 3rd PRC. We already lost many years on pay scales, 30% superannuation, CPSU etc etc by making such unrealistic demands.
View Corporate Office Orders:
Tenure transfer of SDEs reg .
JTO to SDE promotion under LDCE quota held on 04-03-12 reg.
GS writes to Director HR to intervene in the issues in Karnataka Circle related to the posting of JTOs considering Rule 8 and Intra circle Transfers strictly as per the agreement reached with the Association.To protest against the biased attitude of CGMT / KTK, SNEA Karnataka Circle will hold Dharna at Circle and all SSA HQs on 07-05-2016.....View Copy of the letter.
Make all out preparations for the success of the Mass Dharna on 11.05.2016 at BSNLCO, Circle /SSA HQs. Early resolution of the issues fully depends upon the success of the TU programmes. All important issues like promotions, pay scales, CPSU Hierarchy and 1st TBP, pay protection, memebership verification, notion pay etc etc are pending for years together. CSs, SSA Secreatries and CHQ/Circle office bearers to tour the Circle and conduct meetings at all important locations. Door to door campaign may be conducted in the coming days to ensure that all the Executives are participating in the Dharna.
Charter of demands:
1. Implementation of Joint Committee recommendations on:
a) Standard pay scales of E2, E3 replacing E1A and E2A,
b) Time Bound Functional promotion or CPSU cadre hierarchy,
c) Uniform TBP between 4 to 5 years instead of 4 to 6 years w.e.f
2. 30% Superannuation benefit to BSNL recruited Employees.
3. Officiating pay fixation, pay protection – withdrawal of wrong clarifications issued on 30.05.2007 and 19.02.2010.
4. Promotions in different wings from JTO to SDE, JAO to AO, SDE to DE/EE, AAO to CAO and DE to DGM.
5. Membership verification among Executives Associations by addressing the issues raised. Restoration of trade union facilities and deduction of subscription from Salary till membership verification is conducted.
6. First Time Bound Promotion after 4 years from Lateral JTO and Sr SDE grades as done in the case of AAO and Sr AO grades.
7. Notional pay of E1A and E2A for Civil/Elect wings w.e.f 01.10.2000.
Programme of Trade Union actions:
Massive Dharna at BSNLCO, Circle/SSA HQs: 11th May, 2016
Relay Hunger Strike at BSNLCO, Circle/SSA HQs: 18th, 19th and 20th May, 2016.
If the issues are not resolved, more vigorous trade union actions will be resorted to from June, 2016.
View Corporate Office Orders:
SDE Inter circle Transfer - Retention order.
SDE Inter circle Transfer - Cancellation order.
SDE Inter circle Transfer - Modification order .
SDE Inter circle Transfer - Retention order.
What compelled us to go for direct actions in a short notice:
The meeting with DIR(HR) on 26.04.2016 on implementation of Joint Committee recommendations on E2, E3 pay scale was fruitful as management as well as all the three Associations shown keenness to settle the issues strictly as per the recommendations of the Joint Committee. Management continue to maintain its firm stand that there is no question of cascading effect from E3 to E4 (Sr SDE to E4), E4 to E5 etc as all those pay scales are standard pay scales already approved by DoT and there is no justification for changing them. Right from the beginning, at the time of constitution of the Joint Committee in 2012 itself, management made it clear that it will consider only change in the non standard pay scales of E1A to E2 and E2A to E3 without any change in the other pay scales and made the terms of reference of the committee strictly to that extent. So Joint Committee also restricted its recommendation from E1A to E2 and E2A to E3. Chairman of the committee made it very clear in the deliberations also and recorded in the minutes of the last meeting on 09.07.2015, that SDE and Sr SDE will remain in the same pay scale of E3. Further, to ensure pay fixation benefit of one increment on promotion from SDE to Sr SDE equivalent grade in the same scale of E3, the Jt Committee recommended (2ndpart of 1st recommendation) to make necessary changes in the EPP.
So anybody, now raising the demand of E3 to E4, E4 to E5 etc, after becoming party to the Joint Committee recommendations is really trying to derail the settlement or delay it till 3rd PRC so that the demand will be buried once for all. They have to understand that they are not working in the interest of the cadre rather they are indirectly supporting the management stand to demote the JTO/JAO, SDE/AO cadres to E1 and E2 scales. Their stand suits the management also as mgt have tried their level best to finalise the pay scales in the form of E1+5 and E2 scales. They are playing with the future of the cadre and the JTO/JAOs recruited/Promoted after 01.01.2007, i.e. in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015 and future recruits.
The real issue which SNEA is agitating for years together is the finalization of standard pay scales for the JTO/JAOs recruited/Promoted after 01.01.2007, in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015 etc. Vast majority of them are members of SNEA, having full faith that this Assn alone can resolve their issues and do justice to the cadre by uplifting the cadre as being done in 1986, 1990, 1996, 2000, 2007, 2009 etc.
The other two recommendations, CPSU cadre Hierarchy and 1st TBP are based on the implementation of E2, E3 scales. So delay in implementation of E2, E3 scales naturally delays the implementation of the other two recommendations and that is precisely happening now. Somebody advocating to abolish Sr SDE equivalent grade means, they are derailing the 2nd & 3rd recommendations also, i.e implementation of CPSU cadre Hierarchy and uniform 1st TBP.
They are indirectly demanding to abolish Sr SDE grade from 01.01.2007 which is opposed by all as it will have serious implications like:
1. All the executives will lose one promotion and the no of promotions will be reduced to four instead of five. Is it an achievement to reduce the number of promotions? Only SNEA struggled in 2002 to get five assured promotions and made it part of the terms and conditions of absorption and EPP.
2. Thousands of seniors in E4 scale from 01.10.2009 (more than 7500) got DE/CAO promotions between 01.10.2009 and 01.10.2014 and they will lose one additional increment got on promotion in the same E4 scale as all of them will be shifted to E5 scale on 01.10.2009 itself.
3. As all of them will reach E6 scale on 01.10.2014 itself instead of 01.10.2019 as per their new demand, they will lose another increment due on promotion to E6 scale on 01.10.2019 as per the existing policy. So all of them will lose two increments in their career! Is it our friends want to implement? Seniors as well as Juniors will lose one promotion and minimum one fixation benefit! Whether our friends are aware of this fact that all the Executives are losing two fixations when they are making a demand to abolish Sr SDE grade?
4. Otherwise juniors (JTOs on 01.10.2000) become SDEs in 2004 will reach E4 scale in 2008 and all the seniors (SDE/AOs on 01.10.2000) will reach E4 scale on 01.10.2009!
5. These are some of the examples. So many similar anomalies, batch wise and cadre wise will be cropped up which will be known afterwards.
When management shown its readiness to implement Joint Committee recommendations on E2, E3 pay scales in the combined meeting on 26.04.16 and also assured us in the meeting on 21.04.16 to increase the 30% superannuation benefit from 3% after working out the actual medical expenditure, conduction of membership verification, settlement of offtg pay protection issue, re-examining the notional pay scales for Civil/Elect etc, the sudden development on 27.04.2016 raises serious doubts about their intensions whether they want to derail the issues once again as happened earlier. The pay scale issue was delaying mainly due to the confusion and contradicting stands taken by some sections for the last four months since December. Similarly other two recommendations of the Joint Committee also delayed only because of the same reason.
Our serious doubt is that they are deliberately trying to delay the settlement of pay scales, CPSU Hierarchy, 30% superannuation etc in order to cover up the demand on MT rect by making them repeatedly an agenda, every time, whenever there is a movement on MT Rect.
This time we cannot take any risk, no more delay tactics as 3rd PRC is fast approaching, no promotions in any cadre due to litigations and CPSU Hierarchy implementation is the only solution. So the only option left for us, is to start organizational actions to defeat this sinister move of some sections, may be in tacit understanding with the management.
So in the coming days truth will come out, who is playing, some section of the Executives with vested interest or the management? If the management is sincere in its approach, they will come out quickly with the resolution of the issues as repeatedly assuring to us and avoid industrial unrest and our agitation will strengthen their hands. In that case the game plan of others will be exposed in front of all the Executives. If management is really playing with the help of some vested interest, then this is high time for all of us to go all out on agitation and settle all the issues and teach a lesson to all those working against the larger cadre interest.