Growth of the Company just critical to our inching closer to ensuing pay revision - seen in that context, significance of success of SWAS, Service With A Smile, and other business initiatives need deeper and greater thrust, with unwavering commitment, focus and emphasis.
Initiatives like SWAS have to be a permanent feature of our continuing endeavour and have become inevitable and imperative so as to script a new history in turning around our Beloved Company and taking it to new heights of glory.
With an eye on the next wage revision and, on the larger and most critical issue of revival of BSNL, Forum of BSNL Unions and Associations, after first 100 days of astounding success of SWAS, has naturally decided to extend the initiative for the full financial year for reasons that are quite obvious. In fact, we have to get fully tuned to making such initiatives as permanent feature of our mindset in order to bring the Company completely out of the Red Zone that it is in and is struggling to wriggle out the imbroglio that it is in for the last about eight years. That is the biggest and most critical challenge for us, besides, of course, taking us closer to our realizing and accomplishing that big dream of ensuing wage revision.
Undoubtedly, the more we are tiding over the losses towards the end of this financial year, more we inch forward to our realizing that big breakthrough of wage revision. That is, of course close, known to all of us. More important than that is also the fact that the Company has to be debt free as quickly as possible so as to occupy a very prestigious position amongst the service providers in the telecom sector. Thus, keeping in mind that financial performance of 2016-17 is going to be quite decisive, Forum decided to extend SWAS for the full year, with greater thrust and a very strong focus and emphasis for its complete success.
Financial year that just ended saw significant improvement in the revenues and coming down of net losses considerably. Almost all the Circles registered increase in the revenues and slight decrease in the expenditure also. This is a very encouraging and positive trend which has to be further consolidated. As part of ongoing SWAS, large number of SSAs and Circles initiated various marketing strategies and what is extremely significant is that, with the available resources, performance and quality of service improved, resulting in high revenue generation.
Success of very small and incremental steps leads to reaching greater heights. Even increase in our per day revenue by about 10 crores will create history of all sorts, since our pay day revenue is about 80 crores and this would mean about 8% revenue increase which by all standards would be path breaking and revolutionary in turning around the Company. Not only will our getting next wage revision dream become a reality but one of the greatest and formidable challenge before us of turning around our beloved Company will the accomplished and that will be an unprecedented history of all sorts that trade unions in BSNL will script.
Promotion of 683 DGMs- yet another career growth milestone achieved, rather decades and decades old dream turned into a reality through enduring and sustained efforts of this mighty Association. This breakthrough puts us in a highly strategic and decisive position in the middle level management. It is our responsibility now to deliver in an exemplary manner and thus fully live up to the trust that the top management has reposed in us in terms of setting up very high standards of deliverance and performance. This big dream has to lead to our occupying positions of SAG and top management of the Company shortly and our performance as DGS will be deciding factor to that.
The much delayed DGM promotions for 683 DEs is issued recently. The DPC for about 400 posts was completed more than one year back but due to court cases, the promotions were delayed unnecessarily. Remaining posts also were filled on war footing once management took the decision to promote the Executives because of our enduring and sustained efforts.
Today our occupying more than 65% of the DGM posts are just incredible and something that we could not even remotely contemplate about two decades before. This is the result of the BSNLMS RRs for which we fought in sustained way and strove tirelessly for and ultimately succeeded in getting these RRs promulgated in 2008. Definitely some of the recently promoted officers will occupy the posts of General Managers in the days to come, of course much depending upon our performance as DGMs. In that context, this DGM promotion will be a great milestone in the career growth history of Executives as well as SNEA. Even though this Association was relentlessly pursuing issuing of promotion orders virtually on a day to day basis, keen, sincere and serious initiative taken by CMD, DIR(HR), GM(Pers) etc to clear the deadlock prompts our greatest gratitude and indebtedness to them to be placed on record.
Now we are occupying the strategic middle
level management. Strategic and quick decisions have to emanate at this level.
The management had full faith on us and we have to deliver. We wish our
promoted Comrades all the success in their new assignment and are confident
that they will live up to the trust that this Association and the management
has reposed in them in terms of deliverance.
View Corporate Office Orders:
Seniority List in the grade of regular AOs - Sr AOs- Informations required Reg.
Appointment of JAO on probation under DR quota after pre-appointment training with effect from 15-02-16 reg.
DE Transfer - Cancellation - Modification order.
DE Transfer - Modification order.
Congratulations to AP Circle: 2015-16 revenue increased by 159.83 Crores (+7.77%) comparing to 2014-15. The details of other Circles also may be send to CHQ... View AP revenue Details
SNEA served notice for trade union actions as per the decision of the Kolkata CWC:
Charter of demands:
1. Implementation of Joint Committee recommendations on:
a) Standard pay scales of E2, E3 replacing E1A and E2A,
b) Time Bound Functional promotion or CPSU cadre hierarchy,
c) Uniform TBP between 4 to 5 years instead of 4 to 6 years w.e.f 01.10.2000.
2. 30% Superannuation benefit to BSNL recruited Employees.
3. Officiating pay fixation, pay protection – withdrawal of wrong clarifications issued on 30.05.2007 and 19.02.2010.
4. Promotions in different wings from JTO to SDE, JAO to AO, SDE to DE/EE, AAO to CAO and DE to DGM.
5. Membership verification among Executives Associations by addressing the issues raised. Restoration of trade union facilities and deduction of subscription from Salary till membership verification is conducted.
6. First Time Bound Promotion after 4 years from Lateral JTO and Sr SDE grades as done in the case of AAO and Sr AO grades.
7. Notional pay of E1A and E2A for Civil/Elect wings w.e.f 01.10.2000.
Programme of Trade Union actions:
Massive Dharna at BSNLCO, Circle/SSA HQs: 11th May, 2016
Relay Hunger Strike at BSNLCO, Circle/SSA HQs: 18th, 19th and 20th May, 2016.
If the issues are not resolved, more vigorous trade union actions will be resorted to from June, 2016.Notice for Trade Union actions
Meeting with DIR(HR): GS and AGS met DIR(HR) on 27.04.16 and held discussions on KTK issue where CGM is deviating from the settled policy on JTO promotion and postings and settlement of Rule 8 and other Inter SSA transfers. Assn demanded that there should not be any deviation from the earlier policy. DIR(HR) immediately spoken to CGM/KTK Circle and directed him to strictly follow the earlier policies and settlement with SNEA in the posting of JTOs as per the earlier practices. When promotion orders are issued, they have to be utilised for settling the Rule 8 and Inter SSA tfrs as usual and there should not be any long standing transfers for their substitutes, DIR(HR) told. There should not be any deviation from the settled principle and if there is any change adopted now, it has to be corrected and go back to the old practices, DIR(HR) directed CGMT. When CGMT tried to convince her that there is no deviation, DIR(HR) directed him to examine the matter again as BSNLCO received complaint in this regards from Assn. Further DIR(HR) directed GM(Pers) to speak to concerned officers of KTK Circle again and ensure that the settled policies are followed and transfers are implemented.
Meeting with GM(FP): GS, CHQ President and Advisor (Fin) Com Sudha met GM(FP) and held discussions on the following issues:
1) Filling up the posts of DGM by relaxing the qualifying service: GM(FP) informed that last MC meeting approved the relaxation and further necessary action will be taken to fill up the 210 DGM vacancies.
2) Diversion of 25% MT quota to promotion quota for Adhoc CAO promotion: The proposal was pending with BSNL Board. Since diversion of quota didn’t require Board approval, a proposal has been sent to Pers section to withdraw the Board memo. Once the Board memo is withdrawn, further action will be taken based on the approval from MC.
3) Court cases at Chandigargh on JAO to AO and AO to CAO promotions: The case is listed for 20.05.2016. However it became complicated as the court directed to implead the affected parties also, GM(FP) informed.
DGM (Adhoc) promotion orders issued for 20 missing cases.Promotion order
DIR(HR) called a meeting of SNEA, AIBSNLEA and AIGETOA today to finalise the implementation of standard pay scales of E2 and E3 replacing E1A and E2A as recommended by the Joint Committee: The Jt Committee made two recommendations regarding pay scales, 1) replacement of intermediary pay scales of E1A with E2 and E2A with E3 for JTO, SDE and equivalent cadres and 2) to make necessary changes in the EPP to avoid anomalies.
Assn demanded that E2, E3 pay scales are to be implemented as per the recommendations of the Jt Committee after incorporating necessary safety clauses in the EPP to avoid anomalies. At the same time, the assured 5 promotions also to be continued in the future, which is part of the absorption conditions. Recommendation of CPSU cadre Hierarchy and 1st TBP is fully linked with the recommendation on pay scales. DIR(HR) finally informed that the recommendations of Jt Committee will be implemented first and other fresh demands will be examined later after obtaining further inputs.
Assn requested to implement the recommendations at the earliest by taking the approval in the next BSNL Board meeting itself since 3rd PRC will be constituted soon.
Finally Kerala Circle Office issued order clarifying that Shri MSS Rao was not the CGM of Kerala Circle from 23.09.2015Order
CEC meeting of Tamil Nadu Circle::The Circle Executive Committee meeting of TN Circle was held at Vellore on 23.04.2016. GS and CHQ / Treasurer attended the CEC meeting and explained the activities going on at CHQ level.
According to the initial figures, during the last financial year 2015-16, the TN Circle revenue increased from 2014 Cr to 2126 Cr and the loss has come down considerably from 474 Cr to 321 Cr. The CEC unanimously decided to work for wiping out the loss of 321 Cr this year itself. The SWAS programme successfully implemented in the Circle with the full involvement of the management. In most of the SSAs melas, road shows etc are going on and sales improved considerably.
SNEA TN adopted two SSAs during last year, Dharmapuri and Tuticorn which were the worst performing SSAs in the Circle. After the adoption, all the performance parameters improved in both the SSAs and both become top performing SSAs in the Circle setting example for other SSAs. TN Circle set an example by adopting such SSAs which can be followed by other Circles also.
GS in his address touched all the important developments at CHQ level. SWAS programme was announced by the Forum to give special focus on quality of services and development. It has given good impact in most of the Circles and SSAs. Forum extended the SWAS programme for the next financial year 2016-17 because of the importance of this year. The performance of 2016-17 is going to decide the future of the employees as the 3rd PRC is fully depending on the performance during 2016-17. Mgt is also taking important steps in this direction. Material availability improved, GSM expansion is going on by adding new BTSs also, major MPLS expansion is going on in which 232 edge routers are getting installed so that thousands of pending MPLS and leased circuits can be provided. Special focus on EB, NGN, Wi-Fi Hotspots, large scale expansion in OF network etc is going on. EB segment revenue is increasing considerably and this year also more focus can be given in this front. All the employees to work together to achieve the targets and better revenue generation this year, GS told.
On HR front, our focus is on some important issues. On JTO to SDE DPC, fresh VC is called by 09.05.16 so that all the preparatory work can be completed by the time of reopening of the Hon HC after the vacation. On E2, E3 pay scales, mgt is now serious to implement it as per the Jt Committee recommendation as 3rd PRC constitution is very close. CPSU and 1st TBP is also getting attention of mgt. On all the three issues, some negative forces are now working to derail the resolution. They had started new propaganda to confuse the Executives. Any fresh demand on E2, E3 pay scales or CPSU Hierarchy at this point of time only will derail the settlement as the mgt is not in a mood to consider any fresh demands having financial implications. Mgt want to stick to Jt Committee terms of reference and recommendations. Settlement of E2, E3 pay scales may not be the agenda of negative forces as they may not be benefitted out of that. Otherwise there is no need to raise fresh demands now after Jt Committee report. During the last 3 to 4 years, all are demanding replacement of non standard pay scales of E1A and E2A with E2 and E3 scales and finally got a positive recommendation from the Jt Committee. After becoming signatory to the recommendations, the reasons behind the fresh demands which raises serious doubts about their motives. Implementation of E2, E3 scales will decide the pay scale of the entry level executives and the grievances of the JTO/JAOs recruited in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 etc. On 26.04.16, mgt called a final meeting to decide the issue. We are waiting for the outcome. Implementation of CPSU cadre Hierarchy and first TBP, other two recommendations are fully depending on the settlement of pay scale issue as those recommendations are based on E2 and E3 scales. When all the promotions are stayed by various courts (JTO to SDE both seniority and LDCE, JAO to AO, SDE to DE, AO to CAO, SDE to EE etc), any attempt to delay the implementation of CPSU cadre Hierarchy and 1st TBP in the name of fresh demands will be suicidal. Meanwhile all the efforts are being taken to vacate the stay on various promotions and conduct the DPCs till CPSU hierarchy implementation.
Superannuation benefit to BSNL recruited employees to be settled immediately. The assurance given to us of 6% to be implemented in true spirit taking the total contribution to 24%. Recently mgt assured us to reject the EF section findings of 13.8% contribution on medical and assured us to work out the actual amount. The difference will be added to the proposed 3%. We are committed to see that maximum contribution is coming from BSNL side as it is for the social welfare of BSNL direct recruits and closely watching the progress in this regard.
Offtg pay fixation issue, an issue which will face reduction and recovery in pay for thousands of SDEs, AOs, DE and CAOs who officiated in DoT or BSNL, after strong intervention by the ASSn, now management agreed to reconsider the issue. We will not allow any pay reduction or recovery. The wrong clarifications are to be corrected and withdrawn.
We are trying to resolve these important issues through mutual discussions. The pay scales are to be approved before 3rd PRC constitution. CPSU cadre hierarchy, 1st TBP, DPCs, officiating pay fixation, notional pay of E1A and E2A for Civil/Elect/Arch etc from 01.10.2000, membership verification, no discrimination in EPP or promotion etc are the important issues to be resolved immediately so that all the Executives can focus on growth of BSNL. If BSNL mgt is further delaying the settlement using others as a tool, we cannot be a spectator and we have to respond organizationally. We are watching the developments in this front closely and act on that very shortly. GS appealed to all the comrades of TN Circle, be ready for organizational actions on a very short notice to defeat the sinister game plan of mgt or the sections having vested interest to delay and deny the settlement of the issues.
Membership verification among Executives Associations is pursued vigorously. Mgt is not agreeing for subscription deduction before verification on the plea that it may influence the outcome of verification. But now mgt is seriously considering conduction of verification at the earliest. Appropriate action will be taken shortly to conduct the verification. We have to make serious preparations to face the verification. We have to reach out to each and every Executive and explain the role of the Assn in resolving various issues and the achievements during the last few decades and future agenda. Further, this Assn is in the forefront for the revival of BSNL as the future of every employee is depending on it. Our aim is to make BSNL a profit making CPSU again and get the best out of it in terms of pay, perks, benefits etc. TN Circle has to take lead as in the case of formation of SNEA with huge lead, GS told. CEC assured to work for that.
CHQ wishes all the success for TN Circle for their efforts to wipe out the losses of 321 Cr this year itself and extend them all support.
AGM Transfer Modification
SDE Inter Circle Own Cost Transfer
SDE Inter Circle Transfer
SDE Tenure Transfer
Agenda meeting with Smt Sujata T Ray, DIR(HR): GS, CHQ President, AGS Com P P Rao and Jt Sec Com A Dahiya held detailed discussions with DIR(HR) in the scheduled meeting today for almost two hours over the left over issues in the charter of demands. GM(Estt), GM(Pers), GM(SR) and DGM(Estt) was also present in the meeting. This meeting was in continuation to the earlier meeting held on 07.04.2016. The following issues discussed:
1. 30% Superannuation benefit to BSNL recruited Employees: Detailed discussions held on the subject. Assn pointed out that the calculation made by EF section is nothing but an attempt to derail the long pending issue. EF section is changing the figures on medical (PRMB) frequently from 1.5% to 3% and then to 13.8% without any proper study or calculation. In all other PSUs, the contribution towards PRMB varies between 3% to 4.5% and there is no justification in the BSNL stand that the expenditure is 13.8%, Assn pointed out. It is not acceptable to us, Assn clearly told management. DIR(HR) agreed to our view point and informed that mgt couldnot consult SNEA and some major unions before taking a decision on 3% as all of us are out of station. So to start with, it is proposed 3%. After detailed discussion, DIR(HR) informed that mgt is not agreeing with the views of EF section and assured Assn that the exact amount will be worked on medical (PRMB) and review will be made on the contribution after that. After review, further increase will be made based on the actual calculation. This is a major breakthrough on 30% superannuation issue. We are closely monitoring further developments on this issue.
2. Officiating pay fixation, pay protection – withdrawal of wrong clarifications issued on 30.05.2007 and 19.02.2010: Detailed discussions held on various provisions of FR, Supreme Court judgment on pay fixation on officiating promotion, DoT orders, EPP and the clarifications issued to EPP. Assn pointed out that, former DIR(Fin) of BSNL clearly mentioned in a note that the stand taken by the Pers section that there is no pay protection is not correct as it is against the provisions of FR and DoT orders. We had given of copy of the document to establish our stand on the issue to the mgt. Hon Supreme Court also held that pay protection given on officiating promotion is correct. Moreover, in all the court cases, DoT stated that pay protection on Offtg promotion was given and BSNL cannot change the stand now. After discussion, DIR(HR) directed GM(Pers) to re-examine the whole issue based on the relevant rules and the documents submitted by SNEA.
3. Implementation of Joint Committee recommendations on:
a) Standard pay scales of E2, E3 replacing E1A and E2A: DIR(HR) told that frequent change of stand by some Assns is the stumbling block in the resolution of the issue. If all are taken a common view to address the issue of E1A and E2A pay scales, it would have been addressed long back. If Assns are demanding cascading effect, mgt will not consider the issue at all due to financial constraints. Mgt also not referred this matter to the committee, committee has been asked to examine introduction of E2 and E3 replacing E1A and E2A without touching other grades/scales. In order to address the issue, mgt taken steps by E1+5 increments and E2 scales. Assn clearly told that we stand by the Joint Committee recommendations on E2, E3 scales and it has to be implemented in letter and spirit. In the name of divergent views, mgt cannot deny the legitimate issue of standard pay scales of E2 and E3. This issue has to be resolved before the constitution of 3rd PRC, otherwise Assn or BSNL will not be in a position to submit even a memorandum to the PRC.
b) Time Bound Functional promotion or CPSU cadre hierarchy: The proposed presentation to CMD, BSNL is postponed to 26.04.2016.
c) Uniform TBP between 4 to 5 years instead of 4 to 6 years w.e.f 01.10.2000. During discussion, it is assured that it will be processed immediately after CPSU hierarchy as it is linked with the first two recommendations on pay scales and CPSU Hierarchy.
4. On JTO to SDE promotion under seniority quota, Mgt assured that all the formalities will be completed in advance. Action is taken to collect the VCs. All CSs are once again requested to send the VCs immediately. As updation of VC data will take lot of time for thousands of cases, VC has to reach BSNLCO well in advance. Efforts are being made to break the stalemate on LDCE promotion also, Mgt informed. SDE to DE promotion case is coming on 22.04.16, tomorrow. On AO and CAO promotion, the case is coming on 20.05.2016.
5. Membership verification among Executives Associations. Restoration of trade union facilities and deduction of subscription from Salary till membership verification is conducted. Mgt informed that subscription deduction cannot be considered at this point of time as it will affect/influence the outcome of membership verification. Further mgt assured that all efforts are taken to conduct the verification at the earliest. Appropriate action will be taken shortly to conduct the verification.
6. Time Bound Promotion after 4 years from Lateral JTO and Sr SDE grade as done in the case of AAO and Sr AO grades: It is a long pending demand of the Association. However it was not agreed by the mgt which had taken a stand that these are all upgradations. In EPP, hierarchy is defined as JTO/JAO to SDE/AO to DE/CAO and hence it cannot be considered. Further it was examined by a committee headed by Sri KCGK Pillai and the committee also found that these are upgradations and not post based promotions following the Hierarchy. Recently management issued clarifications allowing upgradations after 4 years from AAO and Sr AO grades. This discrimination has created large scale resentment among thousands of lateral JTOs and Sr SDEs. Assn requested to extend the same benefit to lateral JTOs and Sr SDE grades also to end discrimination. After discussion, it was assured that mgt will consider the case.
7. Notional pay of E1A and E2A for Civil/Elect wings w.e.f 01.10.2000: Assn request to consider the case sympathetically based on Vinay Sahi Committee recommendations. On comparison with JAO, mgt categorically informed that these two cadres are not identical as in the case of JAO, it was implemented as per the direction of Govt, Ministry of Finance. JAO pay scales were upgraded from 1997 itself, notionally. Further, similar cadres like PA/PS etc also to be taken into account. According to Estt section, huge financial implication is there, about 161 Crores, mainly on pension contribution. Later on Assn held further discussions with GM(Estt) and collected the details. The discussion will continue after examining the inputs.
Meeting with GM(Pers): GS and AGS Com P P Rao met GM(Pers) and Jt GM(Pers) and held discussions on:
1. Filing MA for early hearing in Hon Supreme Court on expert committee recommendations in 206 case: Assn requested to take immediate action to file an MA for early hearing. Since the judge given the judgment on 20.01.2015 in the main case is retiring on 2nd July, immediately after reopening of Hon SC, case has to be heard before the vacation. GM assured to take necessary steps.
2. Extending the benefit of reduction in tenure period to the Executives working in Rajouri, Poonch, etc as per the latest order. Assn requested to extend the benefit to the Executives already working in those stations prior to the order. GM(Pers) assured to consider the demand.